Last month I touched on being prepared in my post Hurricane Monkey and the system I will be using for this year long project. I broke down the list I got off the Six Sister’s Stuff broke it down into four to five tasks to complete each month.
So, for January I completed the following:
- Each family member has a suitable container for the bug out bags
- Smoke detectors – this is still a to do since it is in a not-so-convenient location in my bedroom. The 10ft ceiling!
- There is now a flashlight with fresh batteries on my night stand
- Purchased 3 gallons of water
- Started the ZAP fund. This is a series of small bills to use if ATM’s or credit could not be used.
I like this small step approach. I tend to dive head first into a task!