photo by merelize via stockvault
In the spirit of No Spend August, I’m giving two ways to lower your junk mail and mail order catalogs. You’re welcome.
For junk mail, click the link FTC Consumer Information
For catalogs, click the link Catalog Choice
Are you ready? Today starts the Spending Freeze challenge!!! Meals are prepped, all income for pay periods are accounted for and my cash flow is to zero. Let’s get this party started!
Just a quick reminder, follow me on Twitter for some daily commenting on this journey, plus there will be an upcoming YouTube video reviewing how I’m doing on my first ten days of the freeze.
We. Can. Do. This.
My Do’s and Don’t for This Month
- Cash Flow Budget Loaded into Everydollar
- Since I am not participating with the “Eat Only From Your Pantry”, I will be menu planning my breakfast and lunches. Due to my family situation, groceries are part of my cash flow and I do not consider that spending, it’s a budgeted item
- Consider this a game, the goal is to save at least $100 to add to my emergency fund.
- Have fun.
- Use what you got.
- Don’t give in to deprivation thinking. This will make you spend.
- If you are stressed, go for a walk
- You can shop, you just can’t spend.
- Keep a daily log if you need to see what you may have spent that day.
- Don’t use sink funds to pay other items.
Here we go!