In reviving old routines, I am dusting off my FlyLady book and working on my Weekly Financial Home Blessing Hour. If you are not familiar with FlyLady, then check them out here. It is everything that you could possibly think of to get your home clutter free and manageable. For Monday, I created the tasks as follows:
- Weekly Tabulation: This is where I make sure I have recorded the previous months worth of expenses
- Review Mail: Many organizers recommend reviewing your mail once everyday. If I don’t have the chance, it gets done on this day
- Review emails: Yep, taking time to respond and review emails (I generally do this everyday)
- Update Calendars: Making sure I know what I have going on for the week and make sure special events are in the calendar
- Balance Checkbook: No explanation really needed.
- Filing: Once a week keeps this task at a minimum.
- Expenses: This is what I call my bill paying. Paydays are the day I truly pay bills, this is mostly for making sure the spreadsheet is updated and on-line payments are recorded